RainReady is helping Oak Park residents manage rain at home. The project is being funded by the Village of Oak Park and administered by RainReady.
Learn more about RainReady here.
Click here to see what we accomplished in 2017!
Fill out the RainReady Oak Park grant application here.
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Grant Agreement Packet (PDF)
- Grant Reimbursement Packet (PDF)
- Presentation: RainReady Oak Park - Creating and Caring for Smart Landscaping (PDF)
- Presentation: RainGarden Maintenance (PDF)
- Tool: My RainReady Home Assessment
- Factsheet: Making your yard RainReady (PDF)
- Factsheet: Seven techniques for capturing rain (PDF)
- Factsheet: Get RainReady with native plants (PDF)
- Factsheet: Get RainReady with trees (PDF)
- Factsheet: Disconnect gutters to reduce chances of basement flooding
- Video: RainReady Solutions in Action: Rain Garden
Oak Park Progress Updates
In 2016 and 2017, the Village of Oak Park partnered with RainReady to help Oak Parkers manage rain at their homes.
Here's what happened in the Village of Oak Park so far:
Grass And Concrete
Many urban yards look like this one – grass and concrete. When it rains, water runs off into sewers. When the sewer system is overwhelmed, this can cause flooding. RainReady Oak Park was created to help change this.
RainReady assesses each home to find ways to reduce runoff and flooding. At this home, erosion around the downspout caused water to seep into the basement.
Natural solutions can help prevent flooding. Here, a landscaper tests backyard soil for a new rain garden.
Sinking Rain Where It Falls
The native plants in this garden keep rain in the yard, instead of overwhelming the sewer and backing up into streets and basements.
Keeping Water Out Of Homes
Can you spot the disconnected downspout hidden in a rain garden? By sending rain away from the home, the downspout helps prevent basement seepage, and waters the plants at the same time.
The Village Leads
Through RainReady Oak Park, homeowners received grants to install rain gardens and other natural solutions.
Interested in learning more? Explore RainReady here.